Thursday, September 20, 2012

squeak-a-SQUEAK-a-squeak :: The Truth About Mexico


:: Women prefer to marry up in IQ, but men will marry regardless of IQ.  Men have many women to choose from.  The smarter the woman, the smaller the pool.  Smart women do not maintain sexual interest and arousal long term unless the man can intellectually dominate her. This makes relationships with such women exhausting and contentious. ::
- Practical Economist 

I don't think this statement holds true in my hood  Seriously, there is more action happening in the hood than all the brothels in the world.  Between the teenage daughters across the street and their boyfriends preferring to profess their undying love underneath my kitchen window, and all the lovers making out in the parks, especially the park at the end of my triangular block, my hood is all about the lovin'!  

I've never heard such noisy lovers in my life, and I made my way from Austin to Merida spending the night in the No-Tell-Motels along the way.  That's where you would expect to hear orgasmic screams to rival a soprano who can't throw her voice.  No-Tell-Motels are rather great accommodations for those making the journey from the north lands by the way.  These establishments, walled for privacy,  have 24 hour security,  an attached private garage and look like the Taj Mahal inside and out!  Obviously, they don't care if you bring a cat (or dog) into the room.  They might even ask if you want them to send more animals to your room; have a whole freaking nativity scene happening if you want.  Ya'll could role play!  That's what your thinking!  Am I right!?

Hey, did you ever play an improvisational game called "The Machine"?  One player starts by creating a spontaneous action and sound; and keeps repeating both. In a few seconds a new player comes in and creates new action and sound which fits in with the first player's movements, and so on, until you have a fluid congress of sound and movement, thus a human machine.  A few nights back in the hood, from out of nowhere, a newly born sound joins the cacophony.  I've never wanted to be the director of the human machine game more badly than at that moment.  I would have all the players jump, spin, and collapse by 10 p.m..

Here comes the sound, like clock work, the rhythmic squeak-a-SQUEAK-a-squeak convulses its' way through my window at the strike of midnight - for three nights in a row!  As the amorous squeak-a-SQUEAK-a-squeak  last less than three minutes, I can only surmise that the guy is a former Minute Man.  The lady must be bored witless.  At midnight I'm wide awake imagining scenarios where I'm casually mentioning the many possibilities that will lead my neighbor to address the squeaking bed issue.  I'm so awake I Google search 'how many things can cause a bed to squeak".  Like I'm really going to provide these helpful tips! 

Back at the ranch, the following morning I prepare for my day at the office.  Leaving my house around 9 a.m., I take my usual route which leads me past the ADO bus terminal.  While I'm sitting at the light, I hear it, the squeak-a-SQUEAK-a-squeak!   I'm stunned!  Do all the beds in Mexico make the same sound, but more importantly, is my bed ever going to make that sound again?  Okay, that's a bed time story for another night, but isn't it odd that this sound should be heard blocks from its' usual location?

There is no way, with the bustle of buses, cambis, street vendors and honking horns that I am hearing love sounds.  I look around, roll down my window in an attempt to isolate the sound, and I do indeed find its' location.  Great Gawd Almighty, it's a BICYCLE!  A scrawny old dude is peddling this bluish-orange-I've-seen-better-days-surreptitiously designed squeak-a-SQUEAK-a-squeak bike across the street.  

What will the imagination conjure next?

Create the Life You Want!
The Broad

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

jtw said...

awesome! love where your imagination goes...

Merilee Dodson said...

I am imagining your neighboor listening to you about her squeaky bed LOL!